Life of a Bug

Sunday, December 17, 2006

warm and comfortable corner of home

I took it rather lightly. No power - nothing to do -still meant sleep.
I did a 2 pm to 10 am marathon.
Finally around 1 I decided to step out.Went over to a friends place.
He had a poor visitor who flew down the previous night frm east coast. No power...no sleep...too cold...no food...no life...no fun...tonnes of complaints...
:) they were surprized how I was not so ok even without the wood logs. When everyone was picking up wood I picked up supplies. There was just one more lady whose cart was like mine. She picked up two wine bottles like me. She had soda too. :)

Anyway the poor visitor decided to move to the hotel to spend the next night.
My friend had locked his car in the garage ( electric gates) so I offered to drive them around. What goes arnd comes arnd. So many ppl helped me when I had no car, so I had to offer to pay back.
Ok went to seattle and drove back. in this 3 hrs trip he was constantly over the phone , calling all the ppl he knew to finally get a booking in Quality Inn next to airport. How can anyone not just sleep without power. Getting the hotel reservation was much more of a pain. I was taking all this as adventure.
Anyways...I dont say anything anymore....just treat as differnt way of thinking.
How could it be so easy to find the hotel when it took 3 hrs and 30 calls to get reservations- something thats considered a click or phone call away. :)
Finally after going round and round, spotted the dead Quality Inn, in the blanket of darkness. WE were missing it again and again just bcoz it was all too dark so spot the hoarding.
So too late to do anything else...we all decided to get back home to find that the power has been restored already. Just that we did not know as we were away the whole day long trying to locate Quality inn.
Funny.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home