Life of a Bug

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Indian Curry.

After having told you how lively the restaurant scene is here, I had no choice but to start cooking at the earliest.I had done some shopping on sat but had to buy lots of stuff from an Indian store.So yesterday after work was the best time.The Indian store is EXPENSIVE- reason being that its the only Indian store in the city.Anyways...I reached home to realize- cannot make Daal as there is no pressure cooker. Hmm still there is one moong dal tht does not take much time to cook..so may be right choice.Have to put tomato but I realize there are no knives....hmmm then I had to use what we call 'Jugaad'- used the cutlery knife to cut the tomatoes.just when I managed to get handle of all things and the food was almost done- I realized the bag having pack of salt is missing. Must have forgotten there at the store.hmmmm...had to rush the nearest safeway to pick it up. The thing that I did- I did not turn off the stove and made heat to min. No- nothing burnt but it set a clock ticking in my mind, which made it impossible to locate salt in the whole big alley and also the made me forget the entry code thru the gates of the apartment.I was just laughing at myself all the time. Quiet an eventful dinner.But then as they - all well that ends well. I called it the day with an extra scoop of chocolate chips as desserts.

How is my work?Wht do these long mails indicate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home