Life of a Bug

Monday, March 12, 2007

Daylight Saving 2007

I was responsible for Daylight Saving Changes for PeopleSoft at this client and was looking out for issues this morning -if any issue was caused by the change. Looks like all clear.
A thought occured to me-a question rather.
On 4 Nov DLS will be turned off.
If there is a flight scheduled at 1:45am 4Nov- what does that mean? 2:15 pm IST(+8:30GMT)? or 3:15pm IST(+9:30GMT)?

Simple concept of Daylight Saving is a way of life of Americans for abt 100 yrs but for the ones like me from far east- it’s such an alien notion and sounds so illogical.
I find it hard to wake up every morning and be at work in time. Every minute of sleep is precious. One fine day everyone’s moves the clock by hour and I have to wake up an hour sooner. I wake up to the new day as if its all normal and chase the time just like everyday. Just manage to show up in time. Amazing that just like everything else- 'TIME' is also a state of mind- Social norm. Everyone calls it 4 pm – so its 4 pm- if they called it 6am - it would be 6 am. It’s all about what the majority thinks. Just like what is ‘right’ and what is ‘wrong’?
Irrespective of what other think- what time is it? :)
Indian python – I don’t know about the watch- but guess it’s about time to laze.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home