Life of a Bug

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Nickelback Live

Talk about planning.
My 'planning' teachers would be so impressed with me.
Went to Nickelback's concert- playing at Tacoma Dome.
I blocked the ticket 3 months ago ( my friend kind of talked me into it)
On the day of the concert- I took control as I am veteran in this field.
the place is just 20 miles but gets too difficult to find place to park and get out.
Found out the train- they has special trains for the event all evening and one after 30 min the concert ends (12:30 am)
-Free car park 'Park and Ride'- excellent concept to avoid hunting for parking.
-Just $6 return ticket- Can you believe it?
-Boarded the train.
-Amazing choice of food at the food court at the train station.
Had learned that all u may get is slice of pizza at the venue- so had some pita and tahini.
-walked to the concert- 2min away.
All this time I was smiling to myself...it was like de javu- only that today I was driving it.
My friend commented- Man - could it be any better planned. Well- I learnt from the best :)
The show got over an hour and half sooner than railway authorities expected so the last train was still after 2 hrs.
So what seemed to be the best planned turned out to be loooong wait for the train when ur car is sitting and waiting just few miles away :)
With so much of traffic arnd- the cab arrived after 45 min.

Moral of the story- There is only so much you can plan- rest is all Adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home